Departure from Lipari (Marina Corta) 09.30 am; return around 17.00. Complete tour of the island by boat with various swim stops and lots of free time to wander independently to discover this magical island.
- Our tour around the island will start along Vulcanello, where lava has shaped the picturesque Valley of the Monsters. Leaving on the right the Faraglioni and the Grotta degli Angeli, you can admire the bay of Black Sands (Sabbie Nere).
- We continue until the Grotta del Cavallo, near which there is the Piscina di Venere, a body of circular crystal clear water. . We will continue to drive along until Gelso, a small town almost uninhabited where we will stop for a swim.
- we will end at the port of Levante, where you will be greeted typical sulfur smell, a tour of the village, a swim in the puddle of mud, with warm waters, or (for the more adventurous) climb to the crater, are not to be missed.
- The excursion program is final only one week before their start. However, you can book in advance. If on the chosen day that type of excursion is not carried out, you can change the day, change the excursion or you can have a refund of the amount paid.
- You will have to go to the Welcome to Lipari office in Marina Corta (in front of the excursion departures pier) to receive boarding tickets, from 3 days up to 20 minutes before departure.
- The name and type of boat used for the tour will be communicated shortly before departure.
Tour details: Our day begins by leaving the port of Lipari, we will head towards the island of Vulcano.
On the right you begin to see the coasts of Vulcanello, the youngest volcano on the island, on which is the famous "Valley of the monsters" where nature has enjoyed creating fantastic forms of lava, reachable on foot once landed. We pass off the enchanting bay of black sands, famous for its long black sand beach, behind which stands the "Gran Cratere della Fossa" in all its majesty.
It is the active volcano of the island, a dormant volcano, of which it is possible to reach the top, with a walk of about an hour starting from the port. From above the landscape changes completely and it almost seems to be on another planet of smoking rock and sulfur and the view ... is breathtaking.
Continuing the navigation, we find ourselves in an amphitheater of rare beauty, where we find the Grotta del Cavallo, famous for its play of light and the "pool of Venus" where it was said that the beautiful goddess came to take a bath.
Our journey takes us to Gelso, the southernmost part of the island, an almost uninhabited village, where we can see the lighthouse and the beaches of very black, fine sand that characterize this part of the island. Finally, we skirt the steep coasts, where the seagulls make their nests and from which they launch themselves in search of food, to reach a small cove where, on a rock, the statue of a beautiful little mermaid has been placed to protect those who sail in these waters.
Finally, we will dock at the port in the late morning, greeted by the acrid smell of sulfur that pungently reaches our nostrils. This is the liveliest part of the island full of shops, bars and restaurants, and it is here that the motor ship leaves us in order not to miss all the possibilities that are offered to us. From the mud pool, to trekking on the volcano, from the discovery of its great beaches to shopping in its lively center, from the geothermal pools to the rental of a scooter to discover the interior, you will be spoiled for choice. Departure from the same port in the late afternoon.